From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
October 8, 2009 – New York Rangers 4, Washington Capitals 3 (Game #4, Road #3)
* The Blueshirts defeated the Washington Capitals, 4-3, tonight at Verizon Center to improve to 3-1-0 overall, including a 2-1-0 mark on the road.
* The Rangers have extended their winning streak to three games, including two straight wins away from MSG.
* Marian Gaborik tallied two, third period goals, including the game-winner with the man advantage; he has now registered at least one point in each of the Rangers four games this season (four goals and six points).
* Ryan Callahan put New York on the board with an unassisted four-on-four goal just two seconds after successfully defending against a three-on-four shorthanded situation.
* Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist made 25 saves to record his third straight win.
* Ales Kotalik tallied the Blueshirts second goal of the game to extend his goal-scoring streak to two games.
* Rookie forward Artem Anisimov registered his first career NHL point with an assist on Kotalik’s second period goal at 10:48.
* Enver Lisin, Vinny Prospal and Michael Del Zotto each collected one assist apiece in the contest; Prospal (one goal and four points) and Del Zotto (two goals and four points) both extended their point streaks to three games.
* Rangers Captain Chris Drury led all skaters with four blocked shots and 11 faceoff wins (11-20, 55%).
* Defenseman Dan Girardi led the Rangers with 24:04 of icetime.
* The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, October 9, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
* The Rangers return to action on Sunday, October 11, when they will face-off against the Anaheim Ducks at Madison Square Garden (5:00 p.m.), in the first of back-to-back home games; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 970 The Apple.