From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
October 5, 2009 – New York Rangers 3, New Jersey Devils 2 (Game #3, Road #2)
- The Blueshirts defeated Atlantic Division rivals, the New Jersey Devils, 3-2, tonight at the Prudential Center to improve to 2-1-0 overall, including a 1-1-0 mark on the road.
- The Rangers have now won 14 of their last 23 games against the Devils, posting a record of 14-6-3 over the span.
- New York tallied two goals in six power play opportunities; Michael Del Zotto notched the team’s first power play goal of the season at 6:31 of the first period, and assisted on Ales Kotalik’s power play tally later in the opening frame.
- Rangers defenseman Matt Gilroy tallied his first career NHL point with a goal, the game winner, at 17:50 of the second period; he also registered a game-high, six shots on net.
- Marian Gaborik recorded an assist on the game-winning goal to extend his scoring streak to three games, registering two goals and four points during the stretch.
- Ales Kotalik registered his first point as a Ranger with an assist on Del Zotto’s first period power play goal, and then added his first goal as a Ranger on the power play at 16:23 of the first.
- Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist made 25 saves, including 21 consecutive saves to end the game, en route to recording his second straight win.
- Vinny Prospal finished with two assists and logged 20:42 of icetime.
- Defenseman Dan Girardi blocked a game-high, four shots and delivered three hits in 20:28 of icetime.
- Rangers Alternate Captain Ryan Callahan collected an assist on Kotalik’s first period power play goal.
- The Blueshirts next practice is scheduled for Wednesday, October 7 (11:00 a.m.), at the MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers return to action on Thursday, October 8, when they will face-off against the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center (7:00 p.m.); the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Quotes, notes and game summaries in the previous post.