Hey all, sorry it took so long to put something up here today. Got home from MSG late last night and today’s assignment had be at Citi Field (Bailout Ballpark, as I like to call it) for today’s Mets finale—putting them out of their season-long misery.
Anyway, I was unable to get online until now, so that’s why the post is late.
I imagine you all slept better last night after the win, after all the good signs—how good is Gaborik? How good does Dubinsky look?
Here’s my column from The Journal News and LoHud.com off last night’s game.
I’m headed to Newark tomorrow for No. 3 in four nights for the Rangers.
Just a couple of quick thoughts from last night:
1) It was interesting that the Rangers weren’t introduced individually. Was it because three of them, or more, would have been booed? Hmmmm.
2) I liked the Blue Man Group, but I still don’t get why they were involved … unless they’ve got a show coming up at MSG or one of Cablevision’s properties.
3) Enver Lisin looks to me like Andy Kaufman, the comedian: “Here I come to save the day!” Do you guys know what I’m talking about, or whom?
4) I thought the young guys really struggled at times Saturday, even Del Zotto, who got his first NHL goal thanks to Ryan Callahan.
5) The power play is 0-for-9, but I really thought it looked pretty darn good most of the night. As I said in my column, it looks good just because Redden and Rozsival aren’t on it.
I’ll try to chime in again later. Until then … GET ME OUT OF HERE!