And just a few quick thoughts:
1) Michael Rozsival was always a solid, unspectacular defenseman with decent puck skills. Last year he seemed to decline. This preseason he’s been far worse. And Dan Girardi is struggling, too. That’s two of the only four defensemen with NHL experience who came to camp. Semenov doesn’t look half bad. But that doesn’t mean he’s ready to be a top 5 or 6. Yet, by necessity, that’s where he will be. Cause for concern, or panic?
2) This Enver Lisin guy reminds me, so far, of Rico Fata. Great wheels, but does he do anything else? Maybe I need to see a lot more of him before I figure that out.
3) Tortorella blames the media for Donald Brashear’s booing. (OK, I’m late to the party with this, but I was on vacation). We disrespected him. Well, from what I remember, the fan outrage began the moment he signed July 1. And as far as disrespecting him, well, I never respected him in the first place, and last year’s cheap shot on Blair Betts dropped him further in my eyes. Plus he can’t play.
4) More than a few Rangers should bounce back this year and benefit from the new coach and his system, and it looks as if Wade Redden and Aaron Voros are right on top of that list.
5) That “A” on Ryan Callahan’s shirt Sunday looked like it was permanent, and it should be. Still wondering who gets the other “A” or if it will be rotated. I’m thinking it goes to Gaborik.