A couple of quick hits after last night’s 3-1 win over the Ducks.
In the spirit of the season, I will give you back your skates, even though I faked you out of them in the third period last night.
Happy holidays to you and yours,
“I did tell Mike that Thursday would be the earliest,” Barry told The Vancouver Sun in a telephone interview from Alberta later in the day. “I am not going to hold Mats to any kind of deadline. He has never been held to one before and he’s not going to be held to one now. He says he is going to try and make a decision by the end of this week.
“It may not be Thursday if he struggles with the decision. He is going to make up his mind this week, is what he has told us. But we are not going to put any deadline on him.”
Is it possible this decision is more difficult than Sundin originally anticipated? Absolutely. A $20 million offer can do that to a guy.